We have created this page in order to share various online resources with our students. The websites below offer an excellent opportunity to engage in English language reading and listening practice while exploring cultural and educational resources online (from anywhere).
Yoknapatawpha Arts Council Stay@Home Festival
- To highlight the talents of local artists, Stay@Home Festival, will hire local artists to share online concerts, art exhibits, live streamed shows, talks with artists, and premieres. These events will highlight talent and offer everyone the chance to enjoy the creative voices of our community. We encourage you to order a local meal, tune into our live steams, and keep oxford odd (and healthy).
- Click here for info about these events and opportunities.
- access to nearly 3 million 2D and 3D digital items from our collections—with many more to come. This includes images and data from across the Smithsonian’s 19 museums, nine research centers, libraries, archives, and the National Zoo.
- Click here for a video about this resource.
- streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
- Free app also available
- Click here for one of the stories read by a famous Mississippian.
- Astronauts on the Space Station reading stories to and conducting science experiments for the children of Earth as the world rotates below.
- Click here for a directory of their story library.
Free Instagram Dance Class with Debbie Allen
- The dance legend posted on Twitter that she will offer a free dance class from Instagram.
Josh Gad reading books on Twitter
- the “Frozen” actor has been reading to fans on Twitter — be they young or old — each night since March 13.
- Link to one of his stories, here