Location of the Intensive English Program
All IEP offices and classrooms are located in the Former Athletic Office at 620 All American Drive, on the main campus of The University of Mississippi.
Getting to Oxford by Airplane
For all incoming students arriving at the Memphis International Airport on the Official Arrival Date, free transportation will be provided to Oxford, Mississippi.
Memphis International Airport, 75 miles north
Take Winchester West to Highway 78/I-22 East toward Holly Springs. Take the Holly Springs exit for Highway 7 South, and continue south to Oxford. (Google Map)
Getting to Oxford by Car
Oxford is accessible from Highway 6 (off I-55) and Highway 7 (off US-78). Interstate 55 is 21 miles away and connected to Oxford by a divided four-lane highway, State Highway 6. Ten state highways within Lafayette County make transportation convenient.
- From the south: Travel I-55 North to Batesville. Take MS-6 East to Oxford.
- From the northwest: Travel I-55 South from Memphis to Batesville, Miss. Take MS-6 East to Oxford.
- From the northeast: Travel US-78 West to New Albany, then MS-30 South to Oxford. Or take US-78 West to Holly Springs, then MS-7 South to Oxford.
Transportation in Oxford
Local Public Bus Lines
Oxford University Transit maps, schedules, and routes
- Local buses are free for students and provide regular transportation around campus and to all shopping, dining, and civic destinations in Oxford
- Angel Taxi: 662-715-9382
- Oxford City Cab: 662-234-2250
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 662-281-0508 or 800-736-8222
- Sensible Car Rental of Oxford: 662-234-4004