How to Apply to the UM Intensive English Program
Thank you for your interest in the Intensive English Program at The University of Mississippi! Below you will find a detailed explanation of the documents that we need in order for you to come to Mississippi on a student visa. We want to make coming to Ole Miss as easy as possible for you, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at StudyEnglish@olemiss.edu.
APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- IEP Application. Visit iep.olemiss.edu/apply to complete the online application or print out the paper version.
- Financial Certification Form. Print, complete, and return the Financial Certification form (PDF).
- Declaration of Family Traveling with Student. If a member of your family (i.e., your husband, wife, or child) will be coming to the US with you, you must provide the following information: full name, date of birth, place of birth, relationship to enrolling student. It is necessary to provide additional evidence of funds in the amount of $7,000 for your spouse’s expenses and $5,000 for each child’s expenses for their first year of stay in the U.S.
- Non-refundable $50 Application Fee. This fee will be used to process your admission to the University of Mississippi.
- Copy of Passport. We need a copy of the information page of the student’s passport.
Once we have received all the application materials, we will process your application and admit you to the Intensive English Program. Once you are admitted to the IEP, you must confirm your attendance in our program by submitting the $200 USD tuition deposit, to be applied to the cost of your tuition, within 5 business days. Specific instructions on how to submit the deposit will be included with your acceptance letter. Once the tuition deposit is received, your I-20 will be processed and sent to you within 5-7 business days.
Please send ALL application materials by email, fax, or to mailing address below.
Intensive English Program
620 All American Drive
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677
Although applications are continuously accepted, students will be guaranteed admission only if they apply by the following deadlines:
For FALL: July 1
For SPRING: November 1
For FIRST SUMMER: April 1
For SECOND SUMMER: May 1
English Proficiency for Undergraduates