- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
- Oxford, Mississippi
- University of Mississippi (UM)
- IEP Brochures
The Intensive English Program (IEP) provides English-language instruction to, and promotes global citizenship among, speakers of other languages from the University of Mississippi and surrounding community by offering multi-level, differentiated language instruction, community service initiatives, and cultural activities. Committed to providing innovative and state-of-the-art curricula, classroom materials, superior instruction, and the best opportunities for practice in an ideal learning environment to international students, faculty, staff, graduate teaching assistants, and professionals, the IEP supports the University of Mississippi’s overall mission and its goal of developing a sense of global responsibility.
Additional goals of the program include:
- Informing students enrolled in the IEP about options and opportunities for academic study at the University of Mississippi and encouraging them to consider applying for admission;
- Recruiting international students to the University of Mississippi for the benefit of providing cross-cultural encounters and international education opportunities for both American and international students; and,
- Providing appropriate English language instruction for matriculated international students at the University of Mississippi who take courses in the IEP.
- Providing short-term, on-demand programs for our international partners and other interested students.
The IEP is a program of the University of Mississippi, a branch of the Office of Global Engagement, and it receives its academic oversight from the Department of Modern Languages in the College of Liberal Arts. The IEP is a member of EnglishUSA, UCIEP (Consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs), and is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Administration (CEA).